Convening | Facilitating | Strategic Planning | Grant Writing
Strategies and Partnerships for Workforce Development
David Palmer learned workforce development systems from an human resources perspective. First, while managing restaurants in his youth, then as a business manager and controller for two successful small companies in Ann Arbor and Ypsilanti, Michigan. Talent development, continuing education, benefits administration, developing and maintaining the administrative capacity to manage growth are all important roles David has managed over the years.
Workforce Development Services
Working with the team at the Workforce Intelligence Network (WIN), David served as the Senior Director for Strategies & Partnerships. WIN’s board included the 10 community colleges and 6 workforce investment boards across the 16-county Detroit region.
While at WIN, he convened and facilitated employer consortia, led and contributed to primary and secondary research, and supported grant funded programs made possible by federal, state, and foundation funding.
With access to a wide array of networks in education, economic development, private industry, and local, state, and federal agencies, David has helped hundreds of companies learn about Detroit’s labor market, and take advantage of programs and offerings offered by the public and nonprofit sectors to support workforce development.
Background & Experience
- Convening & facilitation
- Strategic planning, ideation and creative solutions
- Workforce system mapping and match-making
- Experience working with and/or convening:
- Michigan Works Agencies
- Community Colleges & Universities
- Public schools
- Large and small employers (public, private, nonprofit)
- State of Michigan
- County and local economic developers
- Federal agencies including US DOD, DOL, DOC & EDA
- Labor market analysis and asset mapping
- Grant writing
- Past work in:
- Automotive & Mobility
- Transportation Distribution & Logistics
- Employee Turnover
- Talent Pipeline Management: US Chamber Foundation
- EMSI Certification: EMSI Inc